small business advocate
Wouldn’t it be nice to have a super-organized, nerdy researcher by your side as you work to grow your business?
Kelly Berry – My Story
We all have at least one friend who is the organizer and the researcher, don’t we?
You know – the one who reads all the articles, checks all the reviews, organizes options into spreadsheets, makes the vacation plans, and knows whether you need reservations at that new place or not. Doesn’t everyone have a friend like that?
In my circle, I am that friend. (see sample spreadsheets to the right)
Sure people poke fun of my spreadsheets and my need to organize and schedule everything (including spontaneous time). But who do they trust to make the best decisions about where to stay and what to do? Yours truly.
Nerdy Spreadsheet Gal
The same is true for my clients. Whether they are investigating a potential new market or validating a new product, I can’t wait to dig in and do the research. What could be more awesome than uncovering information that helps small business owners make strategic decisions – and then helping them take advantage of it?
I can’t think of much (because I love my job) — except maybe attending concerts.*
As a huge rock music fan, I love to really let loose and sing at the top of my lungs at a concert (or honestly even in my car).
And when I work for my small business clients, I become a huge fan of their business as well. Don’t worry I won’t literally sing your praises out loud (I honestly can’t carry a tune to save my life). But I will get wrapped up in your problems and your goals to the point where I am eager to help you uncover information that can help drive your path forward. AND I want to be there to help you use that information and implement that new plan.
What Really Matters
After nearly 20 years of consulting, here is what I have come to believe:
- Small businesses are the lifeblood of our economy and of each community
- Small business owners all need to stick together and support each other
- It’s really hard to find time for things like research and planning when you’re running a small business
And as a result, I have designed my programs and services to address these core beliefs. Research shows that small business owners grow faster when held accountable by their peers, so I got trained as a peer group facilitator. Studies have proven that businesses that are focused on the future experience more growth and profitability, so I took courses in Futures Thinking.
So if your business could use a hyper-organized, research-focused team-mate who wants to connect you with other businesses and help you find new ways to grow, then you’re in the right place and I can’t wait to meet you!
*Who doesn’t love live music? Do you remember your first concert? My first was in elementary school with my family – Barry Manilow. And then the Go-Go’s in high school with friends. I have seen the Foo Fighters five times. And working on checking some of the “classics” off of my To See list. Most recently – Rolling Stones, Green Day, REO Speedwagon and Red Hot Chili Peppers. What bands have you seen recently? Drop me a line and share your favorites! Email me at Kelly@LearnStartGrow.com!
“Kelly is easy to work with and her business intelligence process helped me achieve real growth.”
More About Me
How many small business advisors do you know who have run their own small business, or signed a personal guarantee on a business loan? As a business consultant and the spouse of a small business owner, I know all about the ups and downs of running a small business. Let’s talk and see how I can help your small business!
- Licensed CEO Peer Group Facilitator
- Certified by the National Center for Economic Gardening
- MBA from University of Wisconsin – Eau Claire
- Bachelor’s Degree in Math and Business
- Have worked with small business owners since 2005
- Co-owned a tech startup that crashed and burned
- Taught Entrepreneur classes to MBA students and undergrads
- Will never work for a big business again
- Western Wisconsin Business Woman of the Year in 2018
- Outstanding Faculty Member of UW MBA Consortium in 2014
- AIIP Connection‘s Writer’s Award in 2019
- Active Volunteer for Junior Achievement, AIIP and many other organizations